Chase the Ace of Hearts for Hospice
Congratulations to our winner, Marilyn! The campaign lasted an amazing 13 weeks, as the Ace was the last card left! We are so grateful to our wonderful community for their ongoing support!
Chase the Ace is a classic card game where players race to pull the Ace first. We incorported this game into a series of raffles to fundraise for our Hospice. Chase the Ace of Hearts for Hospice ran each Saturday at the Red Deer Farmer's Market starting in June 2016, and ran for 13 weeks. Our game was played with the 13 hearts (Ace-King), with the winner attempting to select the Ace of Hearts.
Each week, we held a raffle at the Farmer's Market. 2000 tickets were available for sale each week for $5 each. At the end of the market, a winner was selected from the raffle draw. That winner was awarded 30% of that week's raffle proceeds, and was asked to draw a card live on KG Country radio the following Friday morning! If they selected the Ace, they would be awarded a gift equal to the value of 30% of total funds raised throughout the Chase the Ace campaign. After 13 weeks, the Ace was the last card left!
Official Rules & Regulations:
- Red Deer Hospice will run a raffle at the Red Deer Farmer's Market [4214-58 Street, Red Deer] from 8am-12pm each Saturday beginning June 18th. Up to 2000 raffle tickets will be sold at for $5 each. Ticket buyers are required to provide a name and phone number upon purchase, to be used to contact if they are the winner.
- A raffle winner will be selected and announced on-site at the Farmer's Market at 12:15pm. That winner will be awarded 30% of the total proceeds of that week's raffle. The prize will be awarded in the form of a cheque.
- Red Deer Hospice will contact the raffle winner by phone to notify them of their prize. If contact cannot be established by the following Tuesday at 4:00pm, an alternate winner will be drawn.
- The winner will be invited to KG Country Radio Station [4920-59 Street, Red Deer] the following Friday morning at 9am to draw a card live on air. If the winner cannot attend in person, a DJ will select the card on behalf of the winner.
- If the Ace is drawn, the campaign will end. The winner will receive a "Jackpot" equal to the value of 30% of proceeds from the entire Chase the Ace campaign.
- If the Ace is not selected, the campaign will continue the following Saturday morning at the Farmer's Market.
- All ticket purchases are final. Refunds will not be available.
- Raffle tickets cannot be sold to a person under 18 years of age.
- Red Deer Hospice Staff and Board Members will not be allowed to purchase raffle tickets to participate in the contest.
- Red Deer Hospice Volunteers will not be allowed to purchase raffle tickets to participate in any raffle events they volunteer at. They may, however, purchase raffle tickets to participate in an weekly raffles they are not involved in.
For more information please contact our Fund Development & Marketing Coordinator at 403-309-4344 ext 108 or send an email.